Sunday, April 12, 2009

This one is for Maddie

I've been meaning to start a blog, oh for FOREVER, and I guess it all started about a year ago, when I came across several blogs that I just fell in love with reading. I would come home from school everyday, and I would check for a new post. I loved reading about people who were my age, and while they have kids and I don't(not tax dependent ones anyhow, furry ones not so included)I really just let it become my escape, my happy place. One of the blogs was about an adorable little girl named Madeline Alice, who was the same age as my nephew, and her mom seemed like a really cool person too. Unfortunately, and I say unfortunately because I don't think there's a word that could adequately express the unfairness/tragedy of what happened, Madeline passed away unexpectedly April 7th. And when I found out, I was so, well, crushed. For this little girl who I had never met. For her parents whom I did not know. But I felt like I did. Their blog provided an escape for me, a bright spot in my day when I came home to relax. So I am starting this because I hope that humbly, I can provide an escape for someone else who might too, be having a bad day. And because what happened to little Maddie just reiterates that life is unfair, unexplainable sometimes, and far too short and precious to sit by and just wait around to start something. http://www.remembermaddie.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment